Monday, June 26, 2017

Best Week I have had in Western Hills!

Hello Everybody!!!

It was a very good week this week. It was the best week that Elder Bee and I have had! We were able to find 3 new investigators and they are great! One of them came to church yesterday and has a lot of potential. We met with her on Sunday after church and we were talking about baptism and she asked, "So when can I get baptized?" That is always a fun question!!! We continued to teach her about the Plan of Salvation and she is on date to be baptized on July 29th! We are really excited. It is really cool to see such miracles happen even when much of our time is consumed in the office. Heavenly Father is looking out for us!

I have learned some cool things this last couple weeks. I feel like that I have been trying to actively improve in charity for the last year or so. I have felt that I haven't made much progress in that area though. We had a General Authority, Elder Dyches of the Seventy, come to our mission. While he was speaking, I received the revelation that I need to exercise more faith for an increase in charity to happen. At this point, what that is going to mean for me is to be patient and wait on the Lord's timing. It is interesting to me how often we talk about faith being an action word, that we believe in something so much that we are motivated to do something about what we believe. It is interesting to me that sometimes the action is wait and be patient. Many times, it doesn't feel like we are doing anything but that is where we have to trust Heavenly Father. It can be frustrating, but it is how He intends for us to receive the greatest of blessing that he has to offer. Well, that patience paid off surprisingly quickly. This week, I was listening to a talk about charity. It quoted Moroni 7:45, a rather famous scripture about charity.  "Charity... is not easily provoked." That line stood out to me more than it ever had before. It made me think of my relationship with some of my past companions and how I could be somewhat snappy and contentious towards them. Looking at how I have been with my more recent companions and we have all gotten along very well. I love what one of my companions said, "I love being companions with older missionaries because they aren't as uptight and don't get irritated about little things that other people do." While it is weird to consider myself an old missionary, it is true. I have not been so annoyed by silly thing that a person might do. That realization was very much revelation that I have covered more ground in regards to charity than I thought I had. I know that I still have a long way to go to emulate the perfect love of Jesus Christ, but that truly was a blessing from my Heavenly Father to see how far I have come.

Thank you, I love you!!!
Elder Hayden Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment